As so often happens when coming up with stories, a last minute change in topic and ideas (for the group) has given me a totally different story to do for this project....
Every freshman is told by a senior, or an alum, when they arrive in Ann Arbor that "College goes by way too fast, so enjoy it!" or, "I wish I could go back to Ann Arbor for another year."
And as this senior can attest to, they were right. My time in Ann Arbor has been great, and it has been an experience that I wouldn't trade for the world. But like most things in life, you don't always get to do everything that you wanted.
That's why I came up with the idea for the Ann Arbor Bucket List. This list is for all the seniors (and even juniors) who can see graduation slowly looming on the horizon and still have things they wish to do. Everyone at Michigan has their own list of things to do. That said, we will attempt to get opinions from a wide variety of students, faculty, and staff from around the University of Michigan.
And while the "Nicholson and Freeman Bucket List" is starkly different than ours, here is just a small preview of what will be on the list.
- See a concert/show at the Bling Pig
- Participate in Dance Marathon
- Attend a Michigan Ice Hockey game at Yost Ice Arena (my personal story)
I like this idea, just one caveat. Make certain you don't take on too much of the video project. Your other group members need the practice in shooting and editing video. Otherwise, this sounds like an interesting video...I'm starting to think of all the things I haven't done on campus now that I'm a few months away from leaving as well.
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Prof. Warner